TOP 10 // Summer Nail Polish PicksSunday, January 26, 2014
During the summer months, I feel like that is when you can get away with loud neon and bright colours on the nails. Even if it is raining outside, neon on the nails can make anyone feel better! I have chosen my Top 10 nail colours for Summer (you can see my Top 10 for Spring here) and they are all rather bright and bold but they scream tans, beaches and sipping on cocktails.
Just look at that rainbow of nail polishes!
GLITTERS, PINKS + ORANGES
001. L.A. Colors Flash Pop! So Postmodern - Technically this should count as 2 polishes but I am including them together because that's the idea of these double ended polishes. The base is a bright neon blue and the glitter has a variety of different sized glitter pieces, in gold, blue and green.
002. Orly Be Brave - A unique holographic pink glitter in long bar shapes. This shows 2 coats; it has pretty good glitter coverage.
003. OPI La Paz-itively Hot - A hot, barbie pink, that has a semi matte finish.
004. Revlon Top Speed Jelly 210 - A creamy, opaque raspberry red/pink.
005. Revlon Alluring Amber - As the name suggests, it is a true orange shade with a glossy opaque finish.
ORANGES, YELLOWS, BLUE + WHITE
006. Orly Mayhem Mentality - An amazingly bright neon orange, the photo just couldn't do it justice!
007. OPI Did It On 'Em - A dull lime green that looks really great on the nails, but may not be to everyone's taste.
008. Orly Glowstick - A highlighter, neon yellow, what more could you want for summer?
009. Orly Pretty-Ugly - A more pastel, but still bright baby blue.
010. Revlon Matte Suede Powder Puff 008 - This is a white with a slight difference due to the matte suede finish. It looks great on the nails and amplifies a tan.
That rounds up my Top 10 for Summer, a lot of neon to be had. Let me know your favourite from the bunch or nail colour you keep going back to during the hotter months in the comments below.